Through lockdown, the global Covid-19 pandemic has had a huge impact on the UK's behaviours, habits, health and wellbeing. As part of our Discovering Wellness campaign, YourZooki commissioned the State of the Nation research to help better understand the impact of lockdown on our health, and to gain insight into any long term changes in behaviour that may have implications on our mental and physical health and wellbeing.
The Impact of Lockdown research was conducted by OnePoll in July 2020. A sample of 2000 UK adults over the age of 18 was used, weighted for an accurate representation of the UK population.
The research focuses on how our behaviours have changed during lockdown, and looks at the habits we have developed to infer implications for our long term physical health and wellbeing. The research also explores how the current lockdown has impacted on the nation's mental health, and includes expert analysis and advice from Dr Oliver Robinson, PGCertHE, MSc, MA, PhD, Course Leader and Senior Lecturer at the University of Greenwich. The data reveals:
- Higher levels of anxiety amongst the general population
- Mental health implications from working at home that disproportionately affect different age groups
- An overhaul of our daily structure, including changes to how much alcohol we drink, exercise we do, time spent cooking and levels of snacking on healthy foods and drinks
- Changes to how much time we devote to different hobbies, as well as time spent on mobile devices
- A desire to be healthier amongst the general population
- How regions in the UK have been disproportionately affected by lockdown
You can read the main findings and figures from the survey, as well as the advice and analysis from Dr Oliver Robinson, a senior lecturer in Psychology at the University of Greenwich, by downloading the summary doc below.
Full survey results
To get access to the survey results in their entirety, including full breakdowns across age, gender and regions, get in touch either via email or phone.
Phone: 020 3856 8843